N'J In Scotland 2007

Thursday, April 05, 2007

An Early Arrival

I've just arrived in Edinburgh (no delays along the way & in fact, 20 minutes early) and it's a beautiful day. The only way to describe it is, "Blue skies! Barthy burgers! Girls!" (in a sort of You Can't Do That On Television kind of way [mental note: I watched wayyyy too much Nickelodian as a kid!]). The weather is fine with clear skies, low humidity (my hair held up great on the flight over), and a pleasant 60 something degrees. As we flew in over Scotland from the west coast, I could see much of the rolling green hills the country is noted for...and quite a few sheep. Now that I've Mapquested my hotel, I'm going to attempt to get there via Blue bus which is supposed to be the least expensive way to get into town. It'll likely be a long walk from the drop point to the hotel, but I have time to kill (check-in is at noon) and I've been sitting for a mighty long time so I could use the exercise. Afterward, I'm off to Edinburgh castle.

P.S. My cellphone is fully charged & showing a signal (go Cingular Orange go!), so I'd appreciate a call to set the time right. I'll leave it on until the battery dies :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home